Friday 24 July 2009

All Clear...Again!!

I had my follow up CT scan on Monday with the intent of checking whether the new 'thing' in my right lung has grown at all. I met Prof. Horwich at the Royal Marsden today and he confirmed that everything seems fine. My AFP tumour marker is still normal and the scan shows no apparent abnormalities in my lungs. They the believe the slight thickening on the edge of the lung picked up on the previous scan is probably scar tissue from my previous surgery - it seems to coincide with the area that I had a drain inserted into the lung.

Panic over! Thanks to all who crossed their fingers...again!!

4 comments:

Ben @ Why I Survive said...

I have had testicular cancer and am still recovering from it.

Anonymous said...

Great news Nigel. Your posts must be a great comfort and inspiration to people like Ben. Pete

Anonymous said...

Great news Nigel.

Anonymous said...

trying to leave a comment but not sure what to do. mum